Grease: The Original Soundtrack from the Motion Picture is the original motion picture soundtrack for the 1978 film Grease. It was originally released by RSO Records and subsequently re-issued by Polydor Records between 1984 and 1991. It has sold over 30 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time, also ranking amongst the biggest selling soundtrack albums of all time. The song “You’re the One That I Want” was a US and UK No. 1 for stars John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John.
Besides performers John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, the album also featured songs by rock and roll revival group Sha Na Na as well as the hit song “Grease“, a tune written by Barry Gibb (of the Bee Gees) and sung by Frankie Valli (of The Four Seasons) that was an additional US number one. Written & Produced by: Barry Gibb
- Olivia Newton-John – vocals
- John Travolta – vocals
- Stockard Channing – vocals (“Look At Me, I’m Sandra Dee”, “There Are Worse Things I Could Do”)
- Frankie Valli – vocals (“Grease”)
- Barry Gibb – vocals (“Grease”)
- Frankie Avalon – vocals (“Beauty School Drop Out”)
- Background vocals: Curt Becher, Paulette K. Brown, Cindy Bullens, Beau Charles, Carol Chase, Kerry Chater, Loren Farber, John Farrar, Venetta Fields, Gerald Garrett, Jim Gilstrap, Mitch Gordon, Jim Haas, Patty Henderson, Ron Hicklin, Diana Lee, John Lehman, Maxayn Lewis, Melissa MacKay, Myrna Matthews, Marti McCall, Gene Merlino, Gene Morford, Lisa Roberts, Sally Stevens, Zedrick Turnbough, Jackie Ward, M. Ann White, Jerry Whitman.